The Showrunner Lab will be held from 1 April to 19 June 2022, from Thursday to Sunday, at Manifatture Digitali Cinema Prato (Tuscany). All details and how to participate on the website www.manifatturedigitalicinema.it
Fondazione Sistema Toscana, Tuscany Film Commission, Manifatture Digitali Cinema, in collaboration with Good Girls Planet & ITTV Forum&Festival of Los Angeles and PIN – University Center of Prato present Showrunner Lab., the first course in Italy to learn the profession of the Showrunner, a key figure in the world of TV series, not yet well defined in Italy. The Showrunner Lab. is realized with the contribution of the Special Projects Call of the Italian Direzione generale Cinema e audiovisivo – Ministry of Culture. The call for applications and the study plan to enroll in this unique and innovative laboratory is online at www.manifatturedigitalicinema.it.
The Didactic and Artistic Direction of the Showrunner Lab. has decided to extend the time window for enrollment in the Course. The goal is to allow as many interested people as possible to apply. The deadline for the call, scheduled for Friday 25 February 2022, has therefore been postponed to Wednesday 9 March 2022. Complete info, notice and documents to apply HERE.
Who is it for
The Showrunner Lab. is aimed at young graduates with a passion and aptitude for TV series, for writing, for organization, for entrepreneurship.
Following numerous requests, the Didactic and Artistic Direction of the Showrunner Lab. has decided to extend the age limit for the candidacy up to 30 years.
Girls and boys aged between 18 and 30 and no longer between 18 and 25 can therefore enroll in the Course. “We evaluated the different requests and, also considering the individual reasons, we decided to accept them“, has declared the Management of the Showrunner Lab.
No industry experience is required. Anyone, potentially, can approach this profession. The ideal participant is a person who aspires to discover new professional horizons, who is motivated to pursue new training experiences, useful for achieving his / her work objective in the audiovisual sector.
Requirements to apply
- Age between 18 and 30 years;
- Good knowledge of the Italian language;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Be resident or domiciled on the national and international territory.
When and where
The Showrunner Lab. will be held from 1 April to 19 June 2022, for a total of 468 hours, from Thursday to Sunday. During the whole duration, there will be meetings with professionals of the sector and in the weekend workshops with Showrunners and Executives of international importance. A certificate of participation will be issued to those who attend at least 70% of the teaching hours. The Showrunner Lab. will be held in the spaces of Manifatture Digitali Cinema in Prato, in Dolce de ‘Mazzamuti 1 Street, Santa Caterina 17 Street and Santa Caterina 11 Street in Prato (Tuscany).
Opportunities/Bonus for participants
Those who will attend the Showrunner Lab. will be facilitated:
- From Tuscany Film Commission, which will bear 50% of the registration fees of a maximum of three participants resident in Tuscany, indicated to the Film Commission by the Selection Committee;
- From the Veneto Film Commission which will bear 50% of the registration fees of a maximum of three participants resident in Veneto, indicated to the Film Commission by the Selection Committee;
- Panorama Films S.r.l. will bear 50% of one candidate’s enrollment costs;
- Panorama Films S.r.l. will host a trainee at its own company at the end of the workshop;
- Direct access and free pre-registration to all 2022 annual courses of the Griffith Academy in Rome;
- With an access to a scholarship of € 1,000.00 for the annual Production Course 2022 (enrollments by the end of July 2022) of the Griffith Academy in Rome;
- In identifying internships and training experiences at national and international companies in the audiovisual sector;
- With the participation in pitching sessions of the two ideas selected by the Scientific Committee and developed during the writers’ room of the laboratory.